Saturday, 5 April 2014

Magic Monki


posted on my instagram: ms_effiegx

There are many things that might stimulate excitement in a broke student shopper, such as myself. One event that scores highly amongst those of my kind is of course, a mid-season sale. Tightly guarded purses become empty shells and bulky bank  accounts dwindle in the midst of the big red sale sign. Its inevitable.
So here's  how the story goes...  I was on my way into London with a friend when I saw an email pop out about the Monki mid-season sale. Now I was somewhat hesitant about the store when I first scoped the Carnaby Street scene, but we figured we'd give it a little look-see nonetheless.  I can't say I was terribly impressed with the sale section but I fell in love with these fitted high wasted pleat-fronts. The cut fits me surprisingly well considering it was a size small and my derrière has its own orbit. I didn't find it in the sale but it was only £25!
I also found an ice-white fluffy bomber jacket, made of the most gloriously soft faux fur I think I've ever come into contact with, also for £25. I love textural stuff so this was a personal favourite of mine, but they also have some beautiful Miss Pope-worthy trench coats for only 
£60 - a fraction of the prices you'd find in Topshop or Zara right now. Definitely not as thick, but still a bargain. The store is quite comprehensive in terms of catering to a lot of different styles so theres a good chance you'll find something you love. Let all put our hands together and pray for the initiation of a student discount scheme. 


Well done Monki. The shopping savage has been satisfied a day longer.

XO 





3 comments:

  1. Wonderful look...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright babe I'll find and follow :) x

    ReplyDelete